Tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would be a good size tank to grow shrimp such as red cheery shrimp and ghost shrimp for the occasional feeder for my fish, I would maybe like to do a small schooling fish possibly like guppies of some sort or a Beta. What would your opinions be for the fish/shrimp. Also it should be small enough to be on a dresser.

^ not necessarily, I've got a 55 gallon on my dresser ;)

With the list of fish / inverts I think you would be happiest with a 20 long if you can fit it on your dresser.

Well now I think I'm stumbling onto a 30 gallon tank for free with filters and heaters I believe. So what sort of fish will do good with both ghost shrimp and cheery shrimp? Or should I focus on one type of shrimp?

Well now I think I'm stumbling onto a 30 gallon tank for free with filters and heaters I believe. So what sort of fish will do good with both ghost shrimp and cheery shrimp? Or should I focus on one type of shrimp?

I would focus on one shrimp. U need sponge filters to raise/breed shrimp. Otherwise the babies will get sucked into other types of filter. Most tetras and smaller community fish will live with shrimp but all will eat baby shrimp.
I personally have rcs and they r doing awesome in a 10 gal planted tank with a sponge filter.

A 10 is a good size..could do a trio of guppies (2 females, 1 male) and shrimp then. You would have alot of baby making going on in that tank. If you have a 30 that means you could just do more..but you have to be careful since you get more fish, the more fry they will eat

Lucky you, I wish I could stumble across a free 30 with everything aha. Good luck with your shrimp tank!

Thanks lol and it's my sisters boyfriend, he's not using it so he just going to give it to me may be about a week or to to get it though

Back
Top Bottom