Tank starting to take shape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, still pretty new to all this but my tank has been going for a little while now and starting to take shape.

Fluval Roma 90
6x Neon Tetra's
4x Guppy's (1 male, 3 female)
2x Dalmation Mollies

3 plants (I'm not going to try and pretend I know what type they are)
1 Piece of wood for the floor
Moss ball (which does need moving I just haven't yet

I'm going to be adding a couple more fish (bottom feeders) at the weekend and hopefully that should be it for a while :) unless I see any other plants/ decoration I like.

Any feedback would be great! I am thinking of getting on of those bubble machine thingys :)

All the best, Sam.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 185
I've got the exact same tank...

Currently i have:

1 x Lyretail black molly
1 x Red molly
2 x Platy
1 x Pleco
1 x Hoplo Catfish

i'm going to the LFS this weekend to pick out another couple then thats me done!

I really want a Blue Ram but they can be hard to keep and my tank is just over a month old!

I've got the exact same tank...

Currently i have:

1 x Lyretail black molly
1 x Red molly
2 x Platy
1 x Pleco
1 x Hoplo Catfish

i'm going to the LFS this weekend to pick out another couple then thats me done!

I really want a Blue Ram but they can be hard to keep and my tank is just over a month old!

Oh cool, I don't know how many the max is but I think I could easily get 4 more in as there is tons of room, but will see what the shop says :)

How weird, I see your from Worthing, I was at the weekend, we went for a night out in Brighton for my mates birthday and he booked us to stay at the Grand Victoria Hotel as hotels in Brighton were coming up full and really expensive,had a good time, although think I'm getting a bit to old for it all now!

Very nice tank. The plants on the left look like Green Cabomba (Cabomba caroliniana), and the bunch on the right looks like Anacharis (Elodea canadensis)

samt1 said:
Oh cool, I don't know how many the max is but I think I could easily get 4 more in as there is tons of room, but will see what the shop says :)

How weird, I see your from Worthing, I was at the weekend, we went for a night out in Brighton for my mates birthday and he booked us to stay at the Grand Victoria Hotel as hotels in Brighton were coming up full and really expensive,had a good time, although think I'm getting a bit to old for it all now!

Yeah I try and stay out of Brighton unless I want a monster hang over!! Haha!

Hi guys I made some changes over the weekend, removed one of the plants that was looking horrible, cut one of them right down, then added the plant on the left (wanted some other colour in there) and also added the ornament in the middle.
2 more additions to the population as well, added 2 Clown Pleco, who are pretty cool although don't do a great deal :)

Let us know what you think :)
Sam.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 136
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 139
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 134
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 135
Hi all, I made some more changes at the weekend, added and moved around my plants etc, very pleased with it now so would be good to hear your opinions! :)

Attachments

• 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 106
Looks very nice! Are the plants real?

Yeah all the plants are real. only ones that are;y are the ones on the ornament in the middle :) Think some of them may grown a bit but will just have to keep trimming them down if need be.

Good I like real plants, The green one with the white border on the leaves in not an aquatic plant. It is going to rot and die.

Good I like real plants, The green one with the white border on the leaves in not an aquatic plant. It is going to rot and die.

Oh really, I bought that from an Aquatic shop and it was in the same section as all the other plants, they guy didn't say anything to me about it?

It is sold as an aquatic all the time. Just wanted you to be aware. You did a great job setting up and arranging the tank.

It is sold as an aquatic all the time. Just wanted you to be aware. You did a great job setting up and arranging the tank.

Well thanks for letting me know mate, I will keep an eye on it. Seems a bit much of a shop to sell it if it's not suitable, typical as that is my fav one! ;)

Thanks mate, I like it now, taken a couple of try's but it's looking good.

Back
Top Bottom