Tank stocking ideas 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

penguin.dehney

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm working on stocking a 30 gallon tank

I currently have
7 celestial pearl danios
5 black kuhli loaches
And a couple of red cherry shrimp.

I'm looking to add some other fish in, all with what I think have low bioloads

Some more cpds
Maybe another kuhli or two
School of pygmy cories
A few otocinclus
A pair of betta albimarginata
5 panda cories

If anyone has ideas for how many of
These fish I could put in any help is greatly appreciated, also if anyone had any concerns or different fish they would recommend I'm definitely interested in hearing opinions.

I currently have a 40 gallon hang on back filter, and I'm going to get a 40 gallon sponge filter as well.

I have a bunch of live plants a big piece of driftwood and sand

Thanks, penguin.dehney

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd recommend looking at aqadvisor.com it will help ALOT

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Alright I'll check It out thanks

No more bottom dwellers unless more khulis (in my opinion) maybe some ottos later on and some more cpd?

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I know I'm really bottom dweller heavy. My thought is that if I can find the pygmy cories, I would probably have a school of them instead of the pandas. They're said to be more of a mid water swimmer than traditional cories. I have no experience with otocinclus tho to know where they spend most of their time. I would be able to do without the pandas for sure. Only one type of Cory if I can find either.

Does anyone have ideas for top dwellers?

I'd aim to keep your stock at nano/smaller fish. Good top dwellers would be clown killifish, spotted blue eyed rainbows, furcata rainbows, threadfin rainbows, and any other dwarf blue eyed rainbow. I'd also prob bump the CPDs to 15+. Ember tetras, chili rasboras (or any of the micro rasboras), dwarf emerald rasboras, green neon tetras, and sparkling gourami are other nice nano options. Pygmy or any of the nano cories are very fun, as are Burmese rosy loaches.

Thanks For the tips azmodan,
I'll be sure to Check out those species!

Could I have
15 cpds
6 kuhlis
10 pygmies
And a school of the clown rainbowfish or a smaller group of the sparkling gouramis?

Would one of these setups work better with a pair of betta albimarginata than the other?

Ottos hang out on stuff. The glass decor etc. some times mine school in the lower levels in a v like geese. But for the most part they're sucking on stuff but they need a mature tank usually. And mine love zucchini.

Sent from my iPhone

Could I have
15 cpds
6 kuhlis
10 pygmies
And a school of the clown rainbowfish or a smaller group of the sparkling gouramis?

Would one of these setups work better with a pair of betta albimarginata than the other?

Yup that stock would be fine. Sorry, can't comment on the bettas as I've no experience with them in pairs.

Alright maybe I'll consider ottos then in a few months. Thanks for all the help guys. Those clown killifish look really cool

Back
Top Bottom