Tank stocking ideas please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darklight

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up a 25 litre tank with mature media from my main tank filter, but was hoping for fish suggestions from you guys. As you can see from the pics it is open topped and filter has a low flow rate with minimum surface agitation. Ideas please:)

Attachments

• image-3961000089.jpg
    image-3961000089.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1113144751.jpg
    image-1113144751.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 107
I already have shrimp in another tank, thought about a betta, but yeah anything jumpy is out (literally lol)

That looks great!! I think neon tetras would look great, tiger barbs, guppies, cory catfish, dwarf gourami, rainbow fish, rainbow shark, hatchet fish. Any of those fish would be ok but I think a school of smaller fish would look great! But if you get a school of cories I think those would be the least likely fish to jump out. And maybe some bumble bee catfish. Hope this helps! :)

vanimal said:
That looks great!! I think neon tetras would look great, tiger barbs, guppies, cory catfish, dwarf gourami, rainbow fish, rainbow shark, hatchet fish. Any of those fish would be ok but I think a school of smaller fish would look great! But if you get a school of cories I think those would be the least likely fish to jump out. And maybe some bumble bee catfish. Hope this helps! :)

You are aware this is a 25L tank not 25 gallons? None of those fish belong in a tank that small.

Here's a list if nano fish:
http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm
You could probably get away with many of them in that tank since it appears to be in the long side.

Thanks to you both :) . Yeah, the tank is 24" x 8" x 9". Its my b/friends old tank that he had as a kid. I decided to make use of it as it was just lying around. I knew my ops would be limited, so put out for ideas. Its great that I could still leep corys in there according to the Nano list!

Back
Top Bottom