tank structurally ability question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big b

Aquarium Advice Activist
While doing a water change on my 5 gallon I had an idea. I have 2 ten gallon tanks behind my 5 gallon. Why not put the 5 gallon bucket on top of the 10 gallons rims and have it fill up the tank while I am emptying out the tank. I put the bucket on where the 2 edges meet on both tanks so it would have a better foundation. Is it possible that this will eventually crack the glass? It is 50 pounds of water so I am a bit concerned if I should continue doing this.

I have 6 people advising against it, and 3 people saying it's ok. I guess I have my answer.

Aqueon Aquarium water changer is the way to go. Simple less mess no buckets required. I found this one was better then the Python as it has ball valves at the vacuum end also. Check it out best $30 I spent on water change equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't do it. I would also drain all the water out that you want out before adding because if you are doing 50% WC and fill while you drain you are really only changing about 25% of old water.

Back
Top Bottom