Tank temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
A week ago I switched from an HOB to a canister filter & ever since my water temp has dropped 3-4 degrees. I've moved the heater in relation to the output but no change. I've upped the temp on the heater & it's slowly going up but I'm wondering if I need a bigger heater or need to re-arrange input-outflow-heater. It's a 46g w/ Fluval 306 & an Aqueon 150 htr.

A 150watt heater should be fine for a 46f tank. What temp is the room where the aquarium is? I've got a combined 1100w in my 220g+ 125g sump. I do this because I don't keep the thermostat in my living room on. When I don't have the house heater on, the temp in the room can drop to the high 50s.

If your room is cold, you may need more wattage in heaters. I'd get a second 150w heater. 2 small heaters is better than one large one.

A 150watt heater should be fine for a 46f tank. What temp is the room where the aquarium is? I've got a combined 1100w in my 220g+ 125g sump. I do this because I don't keep the thermostat in my living room on. When I don't have the house heater on, the temp in the room can drop to the high 50s.

If your room is cold, you may need more wattage in heaters. I'd get a second 150w heater. 2 small heaters is better than one large one.

My thoughts, EXACTLY

That's what I was wondering. My room temp drops to the lowest 65. I just didn't have this issue when I had the HOB so I wasn't sure if there was a certain way to arrange things. Right now the heater is set around 84 per its thermostat but the tank temp shows 76. I'll get another heater. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom