tank top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrmarine

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was reading a post here earlier and i believe it was aaron(fishfreek) who said that not having glass covers on your tank is better but i was wondering anywhere i could buy a thinge to hold my lights without glass

one catch: i have a 72 gallon bowfront
thanks in advance

Mr. Marine

I've heard the suggestion of eggcrate material similar to what you see under florescent light fixtures in buildings. I don't remember all the particulars and I will probably lead you astray.

Do a search in the forums for "eggcrate".

Hey 24, actually you are correct. I was reading that one last night. I'm fixing to go get me some, more than likely, today. :mrgreen:

i looked at some and it was plastic will it melt and be able to hold my lights up??

tia

Mr. Marine

Depends on the type of light you have. As long as it is not MH, the light can easily sit atop the eggcrate. I have a 4x96 W on my 90 which touch's the eggcrate (supported by tank rim) and a 2x65 W that the eggcrate actually supports the light over my 27. No heat issues to be concerned about.

Two added benefits over solid lids (glass and such) is much better O2/CO2 exchange and the eggcrate can carefully be cut/sculpted to exactly fit the dimensions of the tank rim.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom