Tank Transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Purchasing my biiger tank soon. Not sure how to tansfer my fish. Do I put the ceushed coral, stress tyme then add their water, leave water in buckets for a couple of days to fill rest of the tank? Im lost. Or do I use a drip line amd set the tank up w completely new water. I dont want to kill my fish.

Your gonna HAVE to cycle your new tank before adding any fish. Then I would put the fish in buckets and run drip lines to acclimate them to the new tank once it is cycled and water temperature is the same. After acclimating for a while then net the fish and add them to the nee tank.

Fill the new tank with all new water add some prime or stress whatever. Take some dirty filter material and put in the new tank filters to "seed" it. This will help speed up the cycle. Once your water parameters are stable you can begin adding fish. When I did my transfer I cut up the cartridges from my marineland 350 and stuffed them into my ac110's and added a dozen minnows for an ammonia source. After a few days my water was good to go so I started acclimating my fish and moving decor to the new tank.

If you first tank is cycled all you do is transfer everything from one tank to another. Move your fish into a bucket then scoop everything out from old to the new.

Okay. Im new to this so im learning. Bare with me lol. Another question. Looking tobpick up new rocks feom the local garden place. Should I submerge the rocks in water for a couple of hrs

Okay. Im new to this so im learning. Bare with me lol. Another question. Looking tobpick up new rocks feom the local garden place. Should I submerge the rocks in water for a couple of hrs

submerge in water doesn't do much. i would boil them for an hr or so because you don't know what kind of chemicals these rocks were exposed to and THEN submerge in water. better yet, submerge these rocks in your old tank water so that the beneficial bacteria can make home in these rocks

Back
Top Bottom