Tankmates for Apistogrammas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BboyTony

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10gal long tank with a pair cockatoo apistogrammas and was wondering if I can keep some tankmates with it...I was thinkin 2-3 kuhli loaches

If you are looking to breed, I would not recommend additions to your tank. It is JMO though. :)

severum mama said:
If you are looking to breed, I would not recommend additions to your tank. It is JMO though. :)

I'm not planning to breed but if they do breed I have 2 extra 10gals in my basement and an extra 1.5gal....even might get 2 more 10gals from my cuzins and friends lol

Awesome, extra 10 gal's are nice to have around! You won't want the 1.5 gal for fry, but the 10 gal's would be great for growout tanks if you would like to try breeding your apistos. You can set up your fry tank(s) on the cheap with some java moss and airpump driven sponge filters. Hope this helps!

severum mama said:
Awesome, extra 10 gal's are nice to have around! You won't want the 1.5 gal for fry, but the 10 gal's would be great for growout tanks if you would like to try breeding your apistos. You can set up your fry tank(s) on the cheap with some java moss and airpump driven sponge filters. Hope this helps!

Never will I put fry in a 1.5 gal...only if they r like sick or something but tyvm Becuz this helped me a lot =)

Back
Top Bottom