Tankmates For Fry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an empty tank and dont want any thing to get comfortable in there because I am hoping that eventually I will have krib fry and possible ram fry .... eventually :lol:

Any way are there any fish / frashwater inverts that I can keep with them ?
Otherwise the tank is going to be empty for a long time really :(.

Thank you, I am also considering adding a pair of cockatoo's to my discus tank so if they spawn there fry would also be added to this tank lol :lol: . Is there anything I can keep with fry, some one suggested a red finned black shark to me. After some research I found they like to eat alot of algae rather than meat. They eat alot of leftovers.
What do people think. If not how about some freshwater inverts etc ...

Open to suggestions

Ok, Well actually while I am waiting I might as well try to turn this fry tank into half planted :). LOL.

I have a small fry tank that has many pest snails. The fry do ok, and the snails eat excess food In there are Dwarf Gourami and Rainbowfish fry together. The DGs like the bottom, and the rainbows stay at the surface. This works out well at feeding time. I have another 10gal set up and ready for when the fry are a bit bigger. I have a large mystery snail in there to provide a little bio-load along with the plants.

In another 10 gal (coughMTScough) I have Trumpet Snails, Pest Snails, and Limpets... this is along with about 30 ghost shrimp. The only fish in there is a Female Juvi-Swordtail. She is about 1/2" long. The largest of the shrimp is almost 2" and it is her that bothers the shrimp. She has learned that by zooming under the shrimps legs it scares them and makes them drop thier food... which she steals.

I previously had a 1/4" Dwarf Gourami in there, it was not bothered by the shrimp. Though there were only about 10 shrimp in there when the DG was.

Back
Top Bottom