Tankmates for my unique fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnthonRyan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 65 gallon tank (36x18x21)
I currently have a Abei freshwater pufferfish, which is known to tolerate NO tamkmates. I risked adding some stuff with him, and it actually worked really well. I currently have a striped rapheal catfish, a ropefish and 7 giant danios. He actually seems seems I enjoy the rope fish as a tankmate, and tolerates the rest. I just want to know, is there anything else that could be added? I'm not sure if it's possible, but I love oscars. Anyways thanks for any information :3

An oscar plus the puffer would be too much bioload as they are both very messy fish. I'd say what you have currently is plenty of bioload for that size tank. In fact, I'd say you're pretty overstocked once everyone gets full grown... I know you said he liked the rope, but ropes usually prefer to be in groups and get quite large. They usually do better in larger tanks than what you have and with at least 2 other ropes, ideally more. If you remove the rope then you're at a good adult-size stocking level.

+1. Puffer fish can be very messy and adding another fish that would not only add more waste but potentially cause aggression issues would be a bad idea. I'd say get a different tank for the ropefish and possibly the danios.

Back
Top Bottom