Tap water filtered by Brita filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

odiemarie1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
5g tank has always been tap water filtered thru a Brita filter, is this okay to put in tank. I am newbie. Read directions--set up tank using Aquasafe & Start Zyme. I did not know anything about cycling or PWC. I have been killing fish for 6 months. I need to know about using brita filter before setting up my new 55g tank.

The britta filter only uses charcoal to remove impurities from water that humans drink it will not remove all chlorine if your on town water or heavy metals I recommend still using water conditioner to any water you add to the tank also you never wanna change all of the water only 25% once a month and 10% weekly but that also depends on what your trying to keep in that small of a tank. If its a goldfish your going to constantly have water quality issues if only recommend small tropical in a 5 gal maybe guppies or a couple platys. I would do some research on how the nitrogen cycle works and you have two options s a fishless cycle or fish in.

FYI--I have neons and glofish. As I have seen quoted here "I am going to the dark side", I will be doing a fish in cycle. I have to get my 5g tank off my coffee table. I will follow instructions closely & hope my fish are tuff guys!!

Back
Top Bottom