Tap Water Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Out of curiosity I decided to test my tap water; is this the "norm" results?

image-1807631571.jpg

Are there normally nitrAtes?

It can be. Many have nitrates in their tap water. It just means you have to keep a closer eye on your tank levels and change water more regularly to keep it down. Having nitrates in your tap water isn't bad it can just create a little extra work. Fast growing plants can help keep nitrates down also.

Which one is nitrates? I wouldn't worry about it as once in the tank, they can be used by plants and lowered by filtration too.

Mumma.of.two said:
It can be. Many have nitrates in their tap water. It just means you have to keep a closer eye on your tank levels and change water more regularly to keep it down. Having nitrates in your tap water isn't bad it can just create a little extra work. Fast growing plants can help keep nitrates down also.

Thank you. I have mixture of plants in all 3 tanks, not sure they're fast growing but they're growing. :) certain ones definitely seem to grow better than others. I started using Leaf Zone a few weeks ago so hopefully that'll help them all grow. Water changes aren't a problem.

mohican said:
Which one is nitrates? I wouldn't worry about it as once in the tank, they can be used by plants and lowered by filtration too.

The orange one, looks to be around 20.

mohican said:

Nitrates is the end product of the nitrogen cycle. They aren't reduced by filtration.

shellieca said:
Thank you. I have mixture of plants in all 3 tanks, not sure they're fast growing but they're growing. :) certain ones definitely seem to grow better than others. I started using Leaf Zone a few weeks ago so hopefully that'll help them all grow. Water changes aren't a problem.

No problem :)

Back
Top Bottom