Tapeworms???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benwitz2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Found these worms in my 10 gal. I think they came from a new fish I didn't quarantine. They're disgusting, seem like tapeworms. I'm wondering if anyone can ID them? I've been using api general cure for 2 days now. Also, are these kind of tapeworms contagious to humans? I've attached a picture of one I took out (didn't touch it of course)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453611997.440365.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your worm

I guess, 66 views and no one replied eh.

I don't know anything about worms and especially in fish tanks, but I have found a few. However I believe they come from live plants. Every time I bought a plant a few days later I saw a worm and than I start to scavega the tank for more worms to extract them. I than medicate the main tank remove the carbin filter for a few days, than I'll do a 25% water change. I have found that cory's are really good with Melafix/Pimafix, and that keeps my tank healthy until I purchase plants again, lol.

All I know is that it looks pretty creepy. Could also be a leach. Not 100% sure though. I say just get al the ones you see out ASAP.

Not much we can say. Your using Praziquentel, which is the reccomended medication to treat tapeworms.

Back
Top Bottom