TarHeel's First Journal - 29G Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well after never quite adjusting, the angel ended up not making it. Got store credit from my LFS, we'll see if I have better luck with their next batch.

So here's the rescape! I'll be setting up the QT tank and removing the sponge filter this weekend, and CO2 will get hooked up when my drop checker arrives. Second light is also supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Enjoy some pictures!

image-3887972343.jpg

image-2638899191.jpg

image-121069456.jpg

image-4062315368.jpg

I really like how the tank looks! Thanks for sharing! :-D
Thanks! I'm really loving it. Got my second light in today, but I accidentally got the wrong CO2 regulator, so I'm returning it to Amazon and just ordered a GLA regulator for like $60 more. Hopefully once they get up and running things will really take off.

In other good news, the unsightly sponge filter is finally out of the tank.

"Yayy no more scary large black bubbly thing!" -All of the fish

:lol: But really, glad to hear you took it out. I should have noted that the deluxe aquatek reg would't work with a paintball tank, lol, sorry about that. But aquatek does sell adapters for that reason, so you could have just gotten a $2 adapter and connected those together if I remember correctly. But the GLA regs are nice man! Which one did you get?

"Yayy no more scary large black bubbly thing!" -All of the fish

:lol: But really, glad to hear you took it out. I should have noted that the deluxe aquatek reg would't work with a paintball tank, lol, sorry about that. But aquatek does sell adapters for that reason, so you could have just gotten a $2 adapter and connected those together if I remember correctly. But the GLA regs are nice man! Which one did you get?
Oh I got the adapter for it to fit on a paintball tank, but what I didn't realize is amazon had the one designed for hydroponics...the built in flowmeter and needle valve it comes with aren't designed for the low flow of an aquarium CO2 setup. I just got the GLA Paintball CO2 Regulator, I guess it might have been like $70 more ($110 w/adapter vs $190), but the quality and 3 year warranty make it seem more than worth it.

Well I just placed an order for my A. Cacatuoides trio! Will post photos when they arrive next week (I think they'll ship on Monday).

Got some new photos for yall!

The big black monster is gone!
image-3844810946.jpg

New growth on the tiger lotus and crypts (the Florida Sunset melted like ice cream on a summer day)
image-150020564.jpg
image-2228742968.jpg

The new caves, ready for my apisto trio to arrive!
image-1294514918.jpg
image-1796412548.jpg

Another Christmas for the 29G! Got my paintball CO2 regulator today and got it hooked up, and my apistos showed up a day early. They got drip acclimated and are seemingly very happy in their new home! They're super camera shy right now, but i'll try to grab some photos tomorrow.

Thanks y'all! Just placed another order with Peabody's Paradise to finish out my plant scape, and the apistos are adjusting nicely. The females like to hang out together which is kind of cute, though I think one of my rummys has gone missing, but I can't find a body anywhere. I guess the shrimp and snails had a treat.

Well a little update - the rummynose came down with ich, so the tank has been at 87 since Monday, all the spots are gone with no losses, just waiting it out for the 2 weeks mark to make sure all the ich is dead.

I think I am also going at add about 11 neon tetra and 5 otos to finish out my stocking.

Back
Top Bottom