Teacup Stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had a teacup stingray and if they can give me some info on taking care of them. I'm just waiting formin to come into my lfs. :thanks:

hiltymj said:
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had a teacup stingray and if they can give me some info on taking care of them. I'm just waiting formin to come into my lfs. :thanks:

Look it up on google,it will tell u,they still get a nice size for them to b teacups

he is going ino a 75 gallon tank to start

Seems awful small since the majority of my friends have theirs in 220g and up. I'm not sure what your level of experience is because rays should not be owned someone knew to the hobby. And don't take this the wrong way but most people research the fish before purchase.

I have been researching them and what I read said he could go into a 125 which is what he will be going into once I'm done setting it up I was just wondering if anyone else had one and had any advice that I wouldn't be able to find online. Thats all. Thank you for your concern though

That's good to hear a bigger tank is in his future, also food to hear you've already researched somewhat online. To many times you hear about compete beginners trying their hand at one of these guys and it turns south fast. Looking forward to pictures at some point. I've had just about everything that swims over the last twenty years but never a ray...good luck!

I had one for about year. Kind of hard to take care of. I ended up keeping alone in a 250. I dont know why it died but it was cool while it lasted. It never really ate. At the time, the internet was not around so I contacted seaworld for help. They helped and I believe they kept it alive as long as I had it. It was 10 or 15 years ago.

Hey if you google search the image of teacup sting ray, this thread comes up with HUKIT's avatar. Kinda funnny. The future is now.

im bout to get a tea cup but b4 i get him im building a 8ft long by 3ft wide by 1 1/2ft deep. and im wondering what kind of fish i could put in with him if you find something out please let me know and the tank im building is bout 300gal

They really do best in a species only tank without tankmates.

I wouldn't do a teacup in a 125. Even a smaller male will need more width. Look into the Marineland 300 gallon deep dimension tank. It is 6'x3'x27" and comes predrilled ready for a sump setup.

Well you can do different brackish fish because a lot of different teacups are born in brackish that's what mine are in and he is doing awsome!

True freshwater rays (Potamotrygon spp.) are freshwater, not born in brackish.

I'll have to disagree with some of that I know some are raised in brackish. And do perfectly fine in brackish. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry but in my experience it has been awsome

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom