Teacup stingray??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just recently came across a fish stores incoming stock list and there is a teacup stingray on it. I didn't think there was such a thing. I done some research and some say 125g tank is the only thing they should live in! Then I came across an article that said they need at least 30g! I understand they need more of the width of the tank! So I was wondering would a 55g work for one? And the article said I could pair it with angelfish? I have seen bigger stingrays paired with discus. And if anybody has had any experience with them I would love to know more!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got to disagree with that link. 3-4ft long tank and 18 inches wide? 75g's are 48"x18" and no one should ever consider keeping a stingray in such a small tank. Retic's disc grow over a foot across. I could see a 75g as a small juvie, but a tank would need at least a 96"x"30" as an adult IMO.

Jesse

Kinda makes you wonder how they got tagged as teacup, probably some jackhole trying to dump pups for a quick buck.

Back
Top Bottom