Tearing Apart My 3g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am soooo sick of looking at my pathetic 3g. I will sit at my desk, happily typing away at my computer. I'll look to my left: happy puffer in a nice and pretty tank. Look to my right: AVOID YOUR EYES AT ALL COST!:banghead::hide:

Yeah, bad.

Here's the scoop.

I have a 3g bowfront/like thing tank. It has a very bad LED on it that came with the tank. It is home to one happy little betta named Annie.

The atrocity, if you are courageous enough to look:

If this was your tank what would you do? I'm open to all ideas! I want a plants, and nothing is really out of the question. I'd love to make this a tank I want to look at and show off to people.

All suggestions are welcomed! Please make Annie a happier betta by making her home better! Thanks:)

That could be a fun little tank to mess around with! Just have to be creative with a small space, personally I would put a lot of low light moss and maybe a small piece of wood on one of the sides to balance out your rock, and maybe a narrow leaf java fern as a centerpiece plant. The moss and fern wouldn't need much of anything extra really so it'd be a cheap renovation. It all really depends on what style you like, search the forum or google images for low light planted nano tanks to get a good idea and just go for it. The hardest part is just getting an idea and getting it started

Dude That tank has potential! Get a piece of driftwood that will stick just above the surface and put an anubias on the end of it. Tie some low light moss (not java moss) to the submerged portion. Then maybe add a crypt or another anubias to the substrate. Stock with 2 scarlet badis, a colony of red cherry shrimp, and a school of chilli rasboras or maybe one of their even smaller fish brethren!

Back
Top Bottom