Tell me about Indian rainbow shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just grabbed a small group of these guys. They look like small amanos but my guy at the lfs assured me they breed in fw while attacking algae with all the skill and fury of an amano?? I didnt believe the breeding part until he moved a sponge filter aside to reveal a bunch of teenies.. google told me that they're a few different varieties available. I'll get pics once they've settled in.. kind of a green tinge to the exoskeleton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good info, I read some similar stuff. I guess I'm wondering if they'll breed like crazy similar to rcs in most tap water??

According to the article, the dicey part might be the early larval stage. Perhaps a well seasoned tank will provide enough micro fauna to help them survive.
Cool looking shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good info, I read some similar stuff. I guess I'm wondering if they'll breed like crazy similar to rcs in most tap water??

They don't get as crazy as cherries and I believe that they are a bit less prolific than other caradina species.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They don't get as crazy as cherries and I believe that they are a bit less prolific than other caradina species.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hopefully they're tough.. after floating the bag for an hour I went to remove it and dump into a pitcher for extraction. This was not executed correctly, instead I dropped the open bag onto the hardwood floor, it splashed out big time, grabbed the bag with lightening fast reflexes and poured it into the bucket, 3 shrimp In...3 out... scoured the now spreading pool of water.. grabbed one.. 4 in the bucket.. found a fifth but it kept hopping away, i cried out to the little fella.. " you will live! !!!!" 5 in the bucket.. rip number 6:( floors are fine and hopefully the shrimp recovered from the ordeal.

Hopefully they're tough.. after floating the bag for an hour I went to remove it and dump into a pitcher for extraction. This was not executed correctly, instead I dropped the open bag onto the hardwood floor, it splashed out big time, grabbed the bag with lightening fast reflexes and poured it into the bucket, 3 shrimp In...3 out... scoured the now spreading pool of water.. grabbed one.. 4 in the bucket.. found a fifth but it kept hopping away, i cried out to the little fella.. " you will live! !!!!" 5 in the bucket.. rip number 6:( floors are fine and hopefully the shrimp recovered from the ordeal.

That's quite an auspicious start. So much drama! A video of that would have been something. Muted, of course.
Hope they can look past this one day and laugh it off ?

That's quite an auspicious start. So much drama! A video of that would have been something. Muted, of course.
Hope they can look past this one day and laugh it off ?

By far my worst acclimation..ever.....

Back
Top Bottom