Temp Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerky

Aquarium Advice Activist
My setup is going to eventually be

20g high

8 Har Rasbora
8 Cherry Barb
10 Ghost Shrimp
1 German Blue Ram

What temp should I keep it at? I am thinking 76-78. Wanted to get an idea from the experts.

Thanks in advance!

Hehe I was just kidding. I try to get it at 77. Just don't tell my OCD wife!

I wouldn't go below 78. Gbr are pretty sensitive most of the time, and seem to generally thrive better at warmer temps. While rasboras may prefer cooler waters, I have never had an issue with them a tad warmer either. Same for cherry barbs, I have kept cherry barbs at everything from 75-82 and never had any issues. They adjust pretty well.

Sure I was thinking of 78 myself. Should be fine with the shimp and cherry barb, right?

Cherry barbs will be fine. I don't know about ghosties off the top of my head, but I have kept them at various temps without an issue as well though. You have some definite differences in temperature preference, so you may have to wing it and try a few things to see what works for you (after all, not all heaters are all that accurate in what temp they keep, so you may have to fiddle a bit). Gbr are often kept at like 80-82. Though, you may be ok lower since you only have 1 and are not trying to breed them or anything. I can't picture a gbr really doing well long term at anything under 78 though, so you sort of have to pick your battles.

Back
Top Bottom