Ten Gallon Guppy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like the tank,and the guppies look nice. if you don't like the gravel,it's pretty easy to change. just put the fish in a bucket(or other not contaminated container that holds water),drain the tank,scoop out the gravel,put in new substrate(i like PFS),refill,add lots of prime,wait for temp to return to normal,done. *make sure to leave the filter the same. no changing cartridges. and make sure it stays wet in non chlorinated water so the bacteria stays alive

Thanks allexx
I have three female guppies( red, orange, and yellow fins) and four fry, one male three female

Thanks allexx
I have three female guppies( red, orange, and yellow fins) and four fry, one male three female
cool. if you dont have somewhere to put fry,you may want to seperate the male. they breed like crazy

I just got a gold dust cross silver lyretail sailfin Molly female and a peppered Cory for my ten gallon. I asked a few questions about what to add to my ten at my LFS for a bottom swimmer and a centerpiece and I got these fish

Iv heard that mollies need bigger tanks
Help me please!

emerald76 said:
I just got a gold dust cross silver lyretail sailfin Molly female and a peppered Cory for my ten gallon. I asked a few questions about what to add to my ten at my LFS for a bottom swimmer and a centerpiece and I got these fish

You may want to up the number of cories they like to be in groups of 6+

emerald76 said:
They are kind of expensive but I'll try to

You might want to go for pygmy corries actually. Regular corries can get kinda big for a 10g and need some space, at least a 20 I'd say.

If they need a bigger tank I'll get one I suppose but these two are so not going back to the store.

Depends on what stock the Molly came from, sometimes they can grow huge, other times they will stay at 2-3 inches. Good thing is if it is kept with guppies it will start thinking it is a guppy so shouldnt get lonely, if ya get me!? But all corys do like groups, I wouldn't keep one alone but that's just me.

Aron said:
Depends on what stock the Molly came from, sometimes they can grow huge, other times they will stay at 2-3 inches. Good thing is if it is kept with guppies it will start thinking it is a guppy so shouldnt get lonely, if ya get me!? But all corys do like groups, I wouldn't keep one alone but that's just me.

I'm getting more cories asap

Molly is in process of rehoming
Added two peppered cories and a guppy pair
The male guppy I added know has eight girls to himself lol

Aron said:
Ahhhh what a life he will have!

You aren't kidding!
I also picked up a great dw piece and two new plants, ludwigia and moneywort or water mint

Pics-

image-1394328504.jpg

image-2095218960.jpg

image-3670202919.jpg

image-2386986125.jpg

The newest female is a little bit bigger than my 2 month old guppy fry lol and a tenth of the size of my adult girls
Here's the dw-

image-1032213622.jpg

Finally have some algae! The cories haven't found it yet since there isn't much
However I just saw one eating a snail at least that's what it looked like
Is this bad?

emerald76 said:
Finally have some algae! The cories haven't found it yet since there isn't much
However I just saw one eating a snail at least that's what it looked like
Is this bad?

Correct me if i am wrong but i don't think cories eat algea. Fish like otos, plecos and SAEs do though. Him eating the snail should be fine though

My friends have some that love alage
Same species too( paleatus/ peppered)

Back
Top Bottom