Terracota pot (fill in hole)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys :)
I bought some new terra-cotta pots yesterday and they have a small hole at the bottom that I'd like to fill in.
The reason for this is because I had a nice pot with a hole in it and one of my fish managed to get stuck in there.. I broke the pot to try and save the fish but she was too weak by the end of it so I had to kill her :(
Just anything that I can shove in the hole that won't effect my fish :)
Also not too large because it will be used for breeding

You can find some 100% silicone and close it that way, or you can get a small sliver of sponge and stuffit in the hole. Make sure to clean out the sponge though, it could hold bits of rotting poo and food.

i glued a small rock on the inside of the pot before filling you could also use a marble of the right size too

Geronica said:
i glued a small rock on the inside of the pot before filling you could also use a marble of the right size too

Hmm what glue did you use?

You can use super glue. They use it to hold frags in saltwater and attach roots to logs in freshwater. Just use regular super glue (cyanoacrylate). No special super glue. just regular plain ol super glue. Or 100% silicone. make sure is does not have anything in like mold or mildew resistant stuff.

Back
Top Bottom