Terror in my SA tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon with all juvenile south american cichlids...one convict...two firemouths...one manguense..one green terror and two bolivian rams... I know i will have to move manguense when he gets bigger.any idea on the rest...the rams are going to my 25 hex once it cycles...setting up ugf and filling tonight!

Those look like pretty bad living conditions for the firemouths and the ramseven if it is temporary, they would by no means be able to handle an attack from anyone of those other fish.

Well they are all juveniles as of right now..and the convict is the only convict in the tank so they chase eachother but almost never...would I be able to move the firemouths and the two rams to a 25 gallon hex or that too small??

The tank will be too small for both the rams and firemouths, the footprint of the tank is not large enough. I kept a pair of firemouths alone in a 29 gal.

What would I be able to keep cichlid wise in my 25-30 hex..not sure exact gallons..just know its acrylic

I kept 2 sevs, an oscar and a managuense, even with a G. Terror, at one point, in a 30gal. for about 3 months. Bare in mind they were all under 3", and I slowly traded them off.

In my new 90 gal, only the Oscar and Severum remain, and even with all the space there are issues.

I would strongly advise against keeping ANY SA cichlid in anything under 40gal for longer than a few months. A lone (LONE!!) pair of convicts or firemouths in a 30gal would be hard for me even to endorse; very very bare minimum. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom