test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tim_s

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone,

I have been using Seachem flourish but with many variables / supplements there must be recommended test kits to determine deficiency ?

Recommendations?

OK! I will word it another way!

When I go to the store and view the Seachem supplement for plants they have many varying types.

I am currently using,

Seachem Flourish Complete Solution

But they have many more available such-as potassium, phosphate etc.

My question is,

How are people determining when levels of a certain item is low.

PPS Pro will take some calibrating to get the right amounts, but EI is designed such that all nutrients are available in excess.

From what I am reading EI is more beginner friendly. I like a challenge from time to time - I may start with EI and see how the Algae situation is handled.

They're different methods based on CO2, WC schedule, etc so be sure to consider that when making your choice. Aquachem helped me, and the web site too.

They're different methods based on CO2, WC schedule, etc so be sure to consider that when making your choice. Aquachem helped me, and the web site too.

CO2 = pressurized
WC = Every Sunday 40 G.

If this helps.

I do not want to over work Aquachem LOL

Implicit in standard EI is the need for a weekly water change of at least 50%.

Of course,

Display = 90 G
Sump = 30 G

You can imagine between equipment, substrate etc in both we can reduce this number by at-least 20 G

Rough Est. = 120 G (60 G as 50%)

So increasing the water changes by 20 G I am happy to do but since I have only 5 plants currently I will most probably EI dose as if the tank was 50% - 60% at the start.

I imagine any higher would just be a waste.

Back
Top Bottom