Test results dont make sense! Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristian Tombs

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-3156271150.jpg

The test results read:
Ph: 7.6
Ammonia 0.25-0.50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
The tank has been cycling for 3 1/2 weeks.
And yes I smash each bottle of test solution on table for 30 seconds then shook for 2 minutes for every test bottle used and I shook the test tube as the instructions said.
Thanks for reading

It's fine after another min or two the 0 turned to five which is my usual result so looks like my tank is still cycling

Well, as long as you're seeing any traces of ammonia or nitrites your tank is still cycling. Either that or going through a mini cycle. Have you changed your filter pad ever?

Well, as long as you're seeing any traces of ammonia or nitrites your tank is still cycling. Either that or going through a mini cycle. Have you changed your filter pad ever?

Nope same filter media the whole time is just wash it in tank water every two weeks

It took me five weeks to cycle my tank so it looks to me like yours is getting along pretty well. :) you just need to wait a little longer. Pretty soon, that ammonia will be at zero.

Did you try the high range ph test? It looks like your ph might be higher than 7.6 from the nice deep blue of the test. Lol. Ph doesn't really matter for cycling the tank though, I don't think.

Good luck!

Ps: The only solution bottle that you need to shake like crazy is the nitrate #2. :)

It took me five weeks to cycle my tank so it looks to me like yours is getting along pretty well. :) you just need to wait a little longer. Pretty soon, that ammonia will be at zero.

Did you try the high range ph test? It looks like your ph might be higher than 7.6 from the nice deep blue of the test. Lol. Ph doesn't really matter for cycling the tank though, I don't think.

Good luck!

Ps: The only solution bottle that you need to shake like crazy is the nitrate #2. :)

I did both ph tests late week and the low said i was 7.6 and the high said i was 7.4 so I'm probably in between that number

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom