Testing canister filter and pink water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmarcf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

I purchased one of these (http://www.aquaholicsonline.com.au/b...r-ef-1200.html) from eBay and it turned up today. I know they are probably not great but I'm on a limited budget and already spent heaps on my aquarium.

I also purchased a second had aquarium to replace my 2ft tank that came with a Aqua One CF700 but it needs a whole lot of work and replacement parts (for instance no tubing, connections and rubber need replacing).

Anyway I washed everything and used some of the media from both the new and old CF700 filter (all washed under hot water) and setup a bucket of water on a table outside with prime to test for leaks etc. Everything works but the water has turned pink.. no idea why has anyone else seen this?

Btw I'm not using the UV light.

Cheers

First problem washing you're media, that kills and takes away good bacteria for cycling.
As for the pink not too sure but pictures always help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only time I've seen water turn pink is from the food that was being fed to them. What food are you using/

Back
Top Bottom