Testing water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
This may be a dumb question, but this thought just crossed my mind. When testing my tank water should I be testing from the water that comes out of the filter or from the water in the tank? I know the water goes and comes from the same place but I just got to thinking since most of the BB is in the filter maybe I should be testing from that water instead of getting it straight out of the tank?

Mrs.h2012 said:
This may be a dumb question, but this thought just crossed my mind. When testing my tank water should I be testing from the water that comes out of the filter or from the water in the tank? I know the water goes and comes from the same place but I just got to thinking since most of the BB is in the filter maybe I should be testing from that water instead of getting it straight out of the tank?

Just take the water from the tank Mrs.h2012

You'll be fine. That's what I do.

I thought so, just thought I would ask more experienced aquarists :)

The API science nerds recommend you hold the test tube upside down, entrance hole going into water first - straight down until the middle of the tank, then turn up - fill test tube up, remove then drain to the 5ml mark. It's all to do with getting a more accurate reading from older water rather than freshly filtered water, but to be honest I don't know anyone who does it - I don't.

Back
Top Bottom