Tetra AquaSafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlTheBruinsFan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This might be kind of a silly question.

When doing a water change do I want to add the amount of AquaSafe for the amount of water I am changing or the amount for 20 gallons(my tank size)

Add the dose for your tank size then add the water.

There are two schools of thought here and both seem to have equal success.

Some people treat just the water they are replacing (I am one of them).

Some people treat for the entire tank size.

Both work. The choice is really yours.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have been treating the water before it is put into the tank.

There are multiple options there, too.

I do my water changes with a python. When I'm refilling the tank, I add my Prime then. I don't pretreat the water. Again, your choice.

See how easy this is? ;)

I also do the python method and just dose the amount of the tank. My guys don't seem to mind in my tanks.

I like to pretreat the water because one...I don't have a python...lol...two, it uses a lot less conditioner to treat 18 gallons (25% WC) vs. 75 gallons

Before I got my python I used to do that. But with two 55gs and a ten gal it was too many bucket trips.

When I do water changes, 20% or so, I always lose 3-4 small guppies or tetras when I add in the Tetra Aquasafe.

Any idea why?

nathanjacobs said:
When I do water changes, 20% or so, I always lose 3-4 small guppies or tetras when I add in the Tetra Aquasafe.

Any idea why?

Have you tested your water?

When mixing before adding, add enough dechlor for the amount you are adding. If adding directly to the tank add enough for the whole tank. the reason is that it will not be as well mixed if you add to the tank so you add more.

Back
Top Bottom