Tetra deaths ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chloefinn2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi

As u can see by my last topic I've totally cleaned my tank. I noticed that I ou have I've of five tetras left that I only brought last Friday. Should I get some more or will they die too? They r very tiny compared to my other fish.

Cheers

Yep i test them weekly and do a 20% water change weekly and today did a 50% one because of the black beard algae- a suggestion from someone on here.

They are neon tetras

I got them Friday of last week actually. Found two dead. Only one I can see that's hiding behind the filter. They are very small compared to my other fish.

Sometimes neons have a hard to acclimating. When you acclimate them to the tank you should go VERY slow, and make sure the water is good and "clean". You could try getting more from a different source. I dont think its anything you did wrong, just luck.

That's a relief phew. I feel so guilty. Like I murdered them. They were very small. Maybe my fish freaked them out. They didn't have anything else in with them in the lfs.

As long as they arent small enough to be eaten by other fish they are usually fine. What other fish were they with?

The barbs, and silver dollars could be a problem. Depending on there size. How big are the silver dollars? I am not sure what black eyed barbs are do they have another name? I think by zebra barb you mean tiger?

It's a zebra danio. Doh!!! They are tiger barbs with a black spot by the fun tail. The dollars have surprised me how quick they've grown. Their bodies must be at least 2 inches now

Back
Top Bottom