Tetra down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TempleofApollo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So one of my smaller tetras has had the middle point of his main fin bit. It can't stay upright or swim straight. Mostly it just lays on its side but otherwise seems very active. Still eats foot regularly, when assisted etc.

I know its just a tetra and its dine a dozen with them but I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do to keep him going. I have him in a separate bowl that's filled with water from the tank at the moment. Any recommendations to see if I can help the little guy?

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No such thing as 'just a tetra', all fish are equally important if your discount their original cost.
Isolation and pampering could enable him to settle and get the fin growing again. The problem is that sometimes isolation and the netting, relocation etc can cause stress and make matters worse.
Good fresh water and controlled feeding and not too much light should make him more at ease.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you. And I feel the same but thought it would be laughable to worry so much. I actually have him in a small betta tank .5 gallons with his school of glowlight tetra I filled it with water from the tank main and have been doing my best to keep it as clean as possible

Started feeding him with flakes I give them with tweezers. He can keep himself upright again but does not move much.

Thanks for the replies!

Also if anyone is interested pet smart has a very nice .5 gallon tank for approx 15 dollars. At least in PA they did

Back
Top Bottom