Tetra Id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greengirl49

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just cycled a new tank and added 3 new fish. Can someone please tell me what they are? My lfs said they were icicles but I can find anything to confirm.
Thank you!
IMG_0008.JPG

Thank you!

Now I'm frustrated. My lfs said these were tetras and would work well in my tank. I haven't added fish in almost a year. So far I have:

3 serpae tetras
1 betta
1 albino pleco
3 snails
(And now 3 green tiger barbs)
Any advice on how I should proceed?

Now I'm frustrated. My lfs said these were tetras and would work well in my tank. I haven't added fish in almost a year. So far I have:

3 serpae tetras
1 betta
1 albino pleco
3 snails
(And now 3 green tiger barbs)
Any advice on how I should proceed?

Tiger barbs are aggressive and will probably start something with your betta. Also, these guys are schooling, so either return your betta and get three more barbs, or return the barbs and keep your betta.

Also, what size is this tank? Depending on which option you choose from my last post, you could return the barbs and get actual tetras. But this is depending on what size your tank is.

Also, what size is this tank? Depending on which option you choose from my last post, you could return the barbs and get actual tetras. But this is depending on what size your tank is.

Thanks for your help. Right now I have a 39 gallon hex tank.

Back
Top Bottom