Tetra Swimming Vertical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrw1660

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon fresh water tank, that's had pretty much the same fish for over 1 1/2 yrs. I has a mix of tetras, red eyes that were tank starters, a couple tiger barbs, a three guaramis (pink, blue, pearl), three angel fish and a pleco

My water is good quality and I change 30-50% on a weekly basis. I have a heater, some UV device for killing bacteria and a trickle filter system (bio ball container under tank)

Oddly enough one of my betas has been swimming vertical for several months. He eats fine, color is good and is not picked on by other fish. It just looks exhausting that he swims this way, except to occasionaly go to the top of the tank and then glide back down. It's in constant motion. he seems's healthy.

All of the research I can find online show other symptoms that are going on with the fish causing it to swim vertical and within days die. But this fish has been doing this for several months at this point.

I don't think he was like this when we first bought the fish for the tank.

Back
Top Bottom