tetras and harlequins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any experience with nippy tetras, such as red eyes and black skirts, kept with harlequin rasboras?

My lfs said they would be fine as long as the tetras were in a school of 6 of each type. Obviously they want my money, so I always take there advice with a huge pinch of salt :S

I know Harlequins won't bother anything. at one point i had 3 Harlequins cause i had some weird fungus infect my tank, killing off 3 of my other harlequins. they would prefer to hide then bother other fish. I've never kept tetras but i've heard they get nippy if there isnt enough of them

Yeah, I'm worried about the tetras attacking, rather than the rasboras. I've read that harlequins are very placid and tetras can be quite the opposite.

Does anyone have any experience with nippy tetras, such as red eyes and black skirts, kept with harlequin rasboras?

My lfs said they would be fine as long as the tetras were in a school of 6 of each type. Obviously they want my money, so I always take there advice with a huge pinch of salt :S

I considered getting Harlequin Rasboras, Black Skirts, Red Eye Tetras, and Black Phantoms for my tank because my lfs had them. I checked online and found out that Red Eye tetras and Black Skirts are compatible with each other but not with Harlequins and Black Phantoms, which are compatible with each other. I usually check with this site for fish compatibilities:

Tropical Fish and Aquariums Compatibility

I have 4 Red Eye tetras and Ghost shrimps in my 10 gallon tank now.

Thanks and excellent resource ;)

It seems the little red eye likes many other tetras, but not much else!

Back
Top Bottom