tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what type of tetras will be good in 40g

• cardinal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rummynose

• lemon

• emperor

• black phantom

• rosy

• Total voters

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
help!!!!!!! please give reason behind ur vote! thanks in advance! having hard time deciding. sorry for reoccuring post on tetras, but i decided no painted tetras thanks to yalls info! zilla & wifie

{edit via blucat advice} marbled hatchetfish, red honey gourami, rams, panda cory, clown pleco, dwarf oto and tank is planted

ummmm could we get this post moved to freshwater general discussion? i don't think it belongs here

sorry :p
gotcha, maybe edit your poll and make sure you include that it is a planted tank ;) my apologies

if you look at the 40g pic of ours, you will see it in our gallery! thanks for caring though. sorry for the confusion blucat!!!!!!!! aren't you suppost to be in school right now????? lol zillas wifie
p.s. can u vote???

No, i live in australia. gmt +10. It is 5pm and school finished at 3. I looked at your gallery, i really like your tank! It is coming together nicely. Can't wait to see it when it is finished.

thanks!! my husband works hard on it!!! do u have a im address or something so we can chat???

nah sorry. no aim icq, have msn but chatting is a no no in my family esp on apple as it causes probs. however am allowed in AA chatroom. something that will be helpful for the others for ur poll is to post what other fish you are planning? as different fish will eat the tetras and different teras will nip some fish

The Emperors are not always commonly found. They are not ac active as rummynose. More graceful and elegent without the osentatious colouration of cardinals.

Funny I was pondering how many Rummynose and Cardinals I could fin in my 75gal tank with a school 15 Emperors.

I choose rummeynoses. I do have some of the lemons and roseys but the rummy's school better for me. That may not be the case for everyone. That and they are just nice to look at, how can you go wrong?

I see no problems with any of those tetra in your tank. I agree that lemon tetra don't seem to be tight schoolers.

i know your fond of serpae Jchillin but the poll are the ones we are looking at
thanks for the input but out of the polled ones which one :?: :?:

I said lemon tetra aren't TIGHT schoolers. They school, but its a very loose formation, as they aren't very skittish...they don't feel the need to cling to one another...like, say neon tetra do.

can you only have tight schooling fish?? if so why are there loose schooled fish???just trying to figure it out! thanks zillas wifie

I really like the black phantoms, I'm actually considering bringing in my serpaes to get some of them. Anyone know if they aren't nippy? My serpaes are. :?
I've never seen an emperor tetra (in real life), only on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom