Thai devil crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jweickum

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a Thai devil crab from my LFS. Got home and googled it. But can't find much. Any tips on care,diet. Or anything helpful thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anyone?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your supposed to look up I for and theeeeen get what you want!!:) lol.
But no, these guys need a little spot where they can get out of the water, if memory serves they don't need a basking light they just have to be able to get out. I have seen them on YouTube with more Land area then water but I'm pretty sure it should be more water area.
For feeding, I would go with pellets, maybe dried shrimp, or blood worms. You could probably even do feeder fish in the end, but you have to make sure the feeder fish aren't diseased or anything...
The guy on YouTube I watched had a 20 long and four crabs.
Aside from that I'm not too knowledgeable :/

I have a baby thai devil, it took me for ever to figure out what he is haha, but they love spending most their time underwater, and in caves they loooove little caves, I feed mine algae wafers as a treat and goldfish, romain, spinach and shrimp, they're also freshwater and prefer little to no brackish, which is great cause I have no clue how to maintain salt levels haha, not sure what yours looks like but after a few molts they will be a gorgeous velvet purple, mine isn't quite there yet :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399448741.691495.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399448830.738518.jpg

Back
Top Bottom