Thank you! Hmm...what new fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishscales

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would just like to first say thank you from the bottom of my heart for anyone who has helped me with my tank. The green algae ive been battling for months is finally gone [hopefully for good]! The blackout worked amazingly, and i now have the light on a timered 4 on 4 off cycle that repeats all day.

My setup includes an eheim 2100 canister filter, an airstone bar, currently running a nitrazorb bag in a whisper filter that i hope to remove soon, 2 tiger barbs, 3 black fin tetras, a pleco of unknown exact species, 12 4" kyoto plants, and a marimo moss ball.

I planted it yesterday and the water cleared up beautifully in just a few hours. Now my question is id like to add some bright pops of color to my tank. Any suggestions?

"There's always a bigger fish." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Attachments

• 1421088400239.jpg
    1421088400239.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 62
what size tank, tetras and barbs both like schools but as far as i know the barbs would likely nip the tetras. post a pic of the pleco we can try to id it.

i've always thought a species only tank of all female bettas would be cool, or in your tank if you changed the stock and had a school of neons or cardinals and a nice gourami?

Its s 25 to 30 gallon tank. My tetras and barbs seem to school together so i thought maybe some neons. Im really looking for bright color because as you can see most of the decoration is flatter tones. I'll try to get a picture of the pleco. Hes pretty shy :p

How about a tiger lotus? They have mottled red leaves. If you keep pruning the lotus down you can train it to grow short and more bushy.

Well, your tiger barbs are pretty bright colored. I really must suggest more tiger barbs for you. They can get big and feisty and sometimes are tough to stock around. Often, you won't see the aggressive nippiness until the fish are older and larger. I don't recommend fewer than 7 to try and keep that to a minimum. Multiple times I have seen just a few tiger barbs in a tank, and I have seen them all turn into bullies against other, smaller tetras. Though, 7 tiger barbs takes up quite a bit of space in a tank because they do reach a decent size.
What it the footprint of your tank? Killifish have some neat, bright colors but some need more space than others.

The size is about 18" by 12" by 18" deep. My two barbs i have now are a year or more in age and the blackfins are as well. They are pretty docile and dont nip at one another almsot at all, thats why im not so afraid to add fish.

I was thinking maybe neons and other colorful fish. Ive seen some that are bright yellow with red tail fins that i like but dont remember what they're called.

Back
Top Bottom