The big switch is done!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sisserydoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just spent four and a half hours on my tanks, switching out the gravel and fish, and everything seems to have gone okay.

My twenty gallon now has beautiful new black gravel, 7 black skirt tetras, 5 zebra danios and King Harald, my dwarf gourami. I had my worries about King Harald adapting, he's always been shy, but he seems to think he is a black skirt tetra, and is schooling with them!

My 27 hex now has 8 female black mollies, and two male guppies, and the old brown gravel from the other tank. This is the tank that I want to convert to brackish, and get about 3 bumblebee gobies for.

The black skirts were very hard to catch, which is why it took so long. I ended up chasing them into the net with a plastic slotted cooking spoon. It worked very well, I would recommend it for hard to catch fish!

Anyway, I hope everything continues to go well. Wish me luck!:)

Sisserydoo said:
I just spent four and a half hours on my tanks, switching out the gravel and fish, and everything seems to have gone okay.

My twenty gallon now has beautiful new black gravel, 7 black skirt tetras, 5 zebra danios and King Harald, my dwarf gourami. I had my worries about King Harald adapting, he's always been shy, but he seems to think he is a black skirt tetra, and is schooling with them!

My 27 hex now has 8 female black mollies, and two male guppies, and the old brown gravel from the other tank. This is the tank that I want to convert to brackish, and get about 3 bumblebee gobies for.

The black skirts were very hard to catch, which is why it took so long. I ended up chasing them into the net with a plastic slotted cooking spoon. It worked very well, I would recommend it for hard to catch fish!

Anyway, I hope everything continues to go well. Wish me luck!:)

Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom