the common misconception of a goldfish in a bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Everywhere you look on tv goldfish are always in bowls. Bowls that they could not survive in long term. Just the other day I saw 3 fantails in a 1gal tank on a commercial. The media needs to stop spreading this misconception!!! Its killing fish and disappointing and misinforming people. I remember when I was younger I bought 3 small goldfish for a 1 gal tank. They of course all died within a few days bc of all the waste and small amount of water.

Just wanted to post about this to share my feelings and see if anyone else wanted to comment!

Everywhere you look on tv goldfish are always in bowls. Bowls that they could not survive in long term. Just the other day I saw 3 fantails in a 1gal tank on a commercial. The media needs to stop spreading this misconception!!! Its killing fish and disappointing and misinforming people. I remember when I was younger I bought 3 small goldfish for a 1 gal tank. They of course all died within a few days bc of all the waste and small amount of water.

Just wanted to post about this to share my feelings and see if anyone else wanted to comment!

I don't know what you're talking about, that goldfish in American Dad has been on TV for ten years and he's still alive. LOL jkjk. :)

I share in this frustration as well. It especially seems to be an issue on childrens television. Someone needs to write Elmo a letter on the issue for one..

bruinsbro1997 said:
I don't know what you're talking about, that goldfish in American Dad has been on TV for ten years and he's still alive. LOL jkjk. :)

Hahaha yeah I forgot about that one too

I was one of the little kids that had a betta bowl :( (back when I was a wee lad) but now I have a betta in a 10, and soon to be 20 gal tanks :) I hate seeing them in small bowls, and wish I knew what I do now

J just looked at a petco bag that they give you fish in. It says goldfish care, housing:2 gallon or larger aquarium.

Ridiculous!!!!

Back
Top Bottom