The Desacrator's NEW Q/A Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll post all my questions in one thread the clean it up so I don't have to make like a millions threads. Check back often if you'd like to help +)
Other thread I can't edit the first post anymore, +( , so I made a new one.

Current:

1. Answered
2. Answered
3. Answered
4. Answered
5. Answered
6. Answered
7. Answered
9. Answered
10. Answered
8. Is 1 Bolivian Ram ok or are two males together ok? Will they get agressive and kill my fish even if there are no females? My current fish are 3 cory cats(maybe 2 more) and 1 angel fish. I plan on getting more angelfish.

Answer:
Contributors:

Past:

1.What happens if my ph is too high/low. I was told that those PH changers were too dangerous. I am considering getting all angelfish and they like 5.8 7.0. What if my ph is too high how can I fix it?

Answer:You can't change the pH. Not too big of a deal. Fish get used to it.
Contributors: logansmomma1228, mctypething

2. If i throw in a small angel will it be ok with a one or multiple big angelfish?

Answer: An ok idea
Contributors: meegosh, mctypething

3. Can I feed my angels frozen bloodworms? they come in like these square chunks. cut them in half maybe?

Answer: Yes
Contributors: liveaquaria.com

4. Can I feed them blocks that are cut up, becasue the blocks are the size of my pinky.

Answer: Yes, thaw first, use a fork to feed
Contributors: meegosh

5. Will plecos eat angelfish fry/eggs?

Answer: Eggs yes, fry no.
Contributors: meegosh

6. What is drip acclimation.

Answer: How to Acclimate Your Fish to Your Aquarium - Drip Method | eHow.com
Contributors: logansmomma1228, meegosh

7. Should I put the filter in my turtle tank(2 baby sized red eared sliders) into my fish tank to accelerate the cycle? If so, for how long and details on this would be nice.

Answer: Yup
Contributors: Crepe, mattrox

9. What do Cory Catfish eat(spotted)?

Answer: Anything that hits the bottom. They like sinking pellets.
Contributors: mattrox

10. Do I need a heater

Answer:Yes
Contributors: Crepe, mgamer20o0, mfdrookie516, CA_BroncoFan

100.(Template)

Answer:
Contributors:

Although everyone has a different experience, especially with cichlids which are not exactly "schooling" and so individual temperament can make a big difference, Bolivian Rams can be (and frequently are) kept in a community tank. They're actually one of the most docile cichlid species, way moreso than your angelfish. In my opinion, a *typical* Bolivian Ram m/f pair would not destroy your tank. Any kind of fish can be a freak killer, though.

Here's a 119 page thread that answers any question you may have about Bolivian Rams: Cichlid-Forum :: View topic - BRC=Bolivian Rams Club

Don't read it all (or you'll become middle aged in the process), but take a look at least and see if you like what's there.

B.Rams are very decent community cichlids. I had two, female died just got the male now, out of all the rams I keep they are by far the most docile, and as said they are pansies compared to angels.

I am planning on purchasing another female bolivian because my male is bored, atleast I would be without atleast one more of my kind in there.

I have found that the L. Curvicep is a perfect tankmate for angels as they are ONLY aggressive when pushed to far. even at spawn they keep a very tight perimeter and thats it, they arent like rams who give chase and leave the bed exposed.

Your edit button will time out after the post is so old. I have not had any problems with this site whatsoever. If you do have issues there is an area that you can post your questions in and they will get answered :)

Back
Top Bottom