the endless stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I have a 55g with fake plants and a bubble wand. The tank temp is set to and stays at 70 degrees. My stock right now is:

2 prestella tetras
2 buenos aires tetras
1 male guppy
1 serpae tetra
2 cherry barbs
2 zebra danios
(these have all formed a school)
1 dalmation molly
1 gold dust molly
1 red wag platy
1 spotted Cory

I am going to get another guppy, serpae tetra, 2 Kerri tetras, 2 emporer tetras, and 2 peacock gudgeons( as centerpiece fish), but what other fish could I put in there with them. I'm not considering killis and I know there are a Hugh variety if tetras. Anything else I can put in?

Stocking all of those different types of tetras in such small groups is bound to lead to some aggression. Rather than stock 2 of many different kinds, you should consider a school of 6 or more of just a couple different kinds of tetras.

I know but I don't wanna break up the current "school" of the first six types I know I'll have to if I keep addind just 2 of each but I was trying to figure out what I could add that wouldn't break up the "school" I have now

Cory's also like to be kept together with their own - adding another couple of (or 3-4 more ideally) cory's would likely bring out some of their playful behavior.

Ok updated stock list

4- zebra danios
4- serpae tetras
4- prestella tetras
4- buenos aires tetras
4- Kerri tetras
1- dalmation Molly
1- gold dust Molly
1- red wag platy
1- velvet sword
4- guppys
4- spotted corys

I have a pair of peacock gudgeons on the way.

Is there any other fish I could add other than killifish to this tank and yes I prob will goto 6 of each

add two more of each tetra and the cories. that'll put you at about 75-90% stocked. it depends on what sized filter you have.

I'm running a marineland bio-wheel 400 regulated for 80 gallons

Boomer2244 said:
I'm running a marineland bio-wheel 400 regulated for 80 gallons

alright... so your about 85% stocked i guess. definitely add 2 more to each school, and we can talk about another centerpiece fish later. lol. ;)

Ok sounds good but I had to return the 4 Kerri tetra. I finally got the peacock gudgeons and the kerris were the only fish in the tank that wouldn't leave the gudgeons alone. They kept chasing and fin nipping so I wanna replace them now with something else

I just need to figure out some options to replace the Kerri tetra I just took out now

Would I maybe be able to put 5-6 gold barbs with them in place of the Kerri tetras I took out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom