The evolution of my 46 gallon bow...just to make a fish happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rutrag said:
Noce looking tank Eco. I've always had the theory / experience that at least fish will darken or lighten their colors as a response to the substrate. Light colored gravels and backgrounds tend to make fish look washed out compared to the same kind of fish over a darker gravel. I'm also convinced that live plants have the same effect.

I love rams. They're colorful and very peacful fish who don't bother anyone or anything. It does seem difficult to find the short-finned variety with much color in the LFS though. Good luck with yours!

Thanks :). It actually looks completely different now. I'm one of those people that can't stop fiddling with things. I'll have to post some new pics in my profile sometime.

The Ram is still an albino, lol. The substrate really didn't help. I'm considering switching over to black sand...but I'm trying to talk myself out of it. I did install some lunar lights...so at least I occasionally get to see what he really looks like.

Back
Top Bottom