The FishKeeping Hobby .. UnderRated ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant R

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In reading the post about peoples Mrs' moaning about fish keeping, then eventually really enjoying it etc, it made me think ...

Do enough people realise how fun & satisfiying fish keeping hobby can be ?

Personally, I think not. In comparison to other hobbies, it is cheap, fun, satisfiying, a good laugh and very rewarding.
A few, but not many ' hobbies ' can match this in my opinion.

Someone on here has, ' If everyone had a reef tank, the world would have much less stress ' or something similar.

I have to say, I agree ! What do you all think ?

I agree but the problem lies in people do not think of how much work and money actually is required to get going. They jump right on in without taking the time to research, their fish die, and then they do not go back and see what went wrong. Unpreparedness is the cause of most peoples failures in this hobby.

Very true SW and a good point. I started at the beggining of the year with a 40G, and now I have a 10G Qtank, a 20G comm tank, a 30G Angel tank, a 40G cichlid tank and now we have just purchased a 120G to be converted to a cichlid tank.

PS Grant you not looking for a new tank, I need to sell my 30G. PM me if you are interested or know of someone who is? Full setup, PM for a price.

:oops: Not sure if this allowed?

Somethingfishy said:
PS Grant you not looking for a new tank, I need to sell my 30G. PM me if you are interested or know of someone who is? Full setup, PM for a price.

:oops: Not sure if this allowed?

Another one with MTS hehe

Sure thats allowed. IN fact I think grant is looking for another tank.

Might want to post in the Classifieds section for the benifit of other members that might be in your area aswell.

Sure will FF,

I did a look on the memerlist and because not many people fill out the location section I only found three users from this part of the world, being the UK.

Is there any way to force the location field to be completed, I know some people do not want to be 'known' but they could fill in a '.' or something?

Unfortunately, people are satisfied plunking their "ever-widening" backsides on the couch in front of their TV every night and sit and stare for hours on end. With all the violence on TV, I really doubt it is as relaxing as they think it is.

I enjoy the bubbling / gurgling sounds from my tanks, the soft lighting that they provide in the room and obviously the fish and their antics but most of all I enjoy watching my family enjoying the tanks. Especially my two cats, they just love the tanks and the fish and the bubbles, I would just love to know what is going through their little minds while they sit there and stare. I am sure that they are planning and scheming, how to get them fish... :twisted:

There's nothing like a cool autumn night, reading by the light from the tank. It's just too bad that most people will never know how great these things are.

Hey targaboy,

I understand your plight about the cats. My little 8 month old kitten likes to climb the coats and jump on top of my 40G tank and try and get to the fish from the top rather than from the bottom, because when she sits and watches them from below they tend to hide at the back and she can no longer see them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom