The Guide to Nano Noobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Autumn I seen you got your rocks now I was thinking if you could get a big enough container you should start curing the rocks now that way they will be live by the time your ready to cycle your tank

Autumn I seen you got your rocks now I was thinking if you could get a big enough container you should start curing the rocks now that way they will be live by the time your ready to cycle your tank

What would you suggest, or where do I find that info, is there a link for some good detailed info?

Pretty much you just get a big container fill it with salt water put a power head in for flow and put the rock in then you want to seed it with live rock by doin this you are making all the dry rock live with BB or you could leave it dry and just do it once you set up the tank but your BB won't be as strong and your cycle will take a bit long IMO

Pretty much you just get a big container fill it with salt water put a power head in for flow and put the rock in then you want to seed it with live rock by doin this you are making all the dry rock live with BB or you could leave it dry and just do it once you set up the tank but your BB won't be as strong and your cycle will take a bit long IMO

I like that idea. There is a brand new big tote that I got for the rock so it would be perfect. Would live sand work in there too?

Still not sure which sand i will use. Other than throwing a little shrimp in there to start it, and then what do I feed it every few days? So flake food, or little pieces of raw shrimp?

Today I was gonna boil the rocks, but, DD had Prom so that changed my activities and schedule.

If I get marine salt, does it tell me the ratio to mix it at with RO so I can get it started? I don't yet have a refractometer, it didn't get in my last order, I somehow didn't order it.

I really appreciate all the help from you and the others. I don't like making mistakes and I have a much higher comfort level with you all walking me through this.

Going to dig out my powerhead tomorrow.

What should I do to the bioballs, to get them ready? They were dry for a couple months at least. Now outside in a bucket. After I get them ready should I throw them into the tub with the rock?

Well this is getting exciting...

I'm not to sure on some of the stuff you asked just then I have never run bio balls on my tanks mine are pretty simple yet work I have my 20 gal with no fish just yet that I'm growing acro frags in that just has a canister filter with live rock rubble in it and that's it I also run a kent marine nano 300 skimmer on it and that's pretty much it with the salt mixing I'm guessing it would have the instuctions on there I just buy my salt pre mixed from the LFS I would add a piece of shrimp and just cycle as normal just make sure you seed the rock with some live rock :)

Back
Top Bottom