The most annoying thing in this hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can't take money with us when we kick the bucket. Might as well spend it on what we love right?

Indeed! I don't mind spending a bit on things I enjoy. Which is why every spare dollar usually gets sunk on fish stuff.

There is only 1 thing in this hobby that takes the crown for how annoying it is.

Algae

One thing for me is having a 1500 sq. ft. finished basement complete with concrete floors, drains, and close water source. Being retired on a fixed income and not being able to afford making an awesome fish room out of it right away. So painfully little at a time. LOL.
I think a 200g, 3 75g's, 2 55g's, 3 29g's, and 4 20l g's would be just about enough! LOL
OS.

I'm not a fan of the smell of Prime - it stinks up my whole basement!

Having people say 'Why are your tanks so complicated? Isn t it just add water, add fish & feed twice a day?' Like I m making it more involved than it needs to be. Especially with the tank at work.....long story but it s always an uphill battle.

Having people say 'Why are your tanks so complicated? Isn t it just add water, add fish & feed twice a day?' Like I m making it more involved than it needs to be. Especially with the tank at work.....long story but it s always an uphill battle.

I've gotten that, too. Along with "why do you change so much water" and "I thought fish were supposed to be easy pets, why not just stick to something simple like a goldfish bowl." Lots of my coworkers think I'm nuts when I mention how many tanks I have. Thankfully they don't know exactly how many I have going now... or how many I will have running soon.

Definitely the ignorant people, especially if they make a living selling the fish they know nothing about. Besides that, I'd say the costs. I am now juggling obsessive fish hobby + first pregnancy (gunna be so expensive) instead of fish hobby + student. THE STRUGGLE NEVER ENDS!! Lol

Definitely the ignorant people, especially if they make a living selling the fish they know nothing about. Besides that, I'd say the costs. I am now juggling obsessive fish hobby + first pregnancy (gunna be so expensive) instead of fish hobby + student. THE STRUGGLE NEVER ENDS!! Lol

Congratulations !!!

When my sister feeds my fish without asking my permission... This isn't the first time the fish have been overfed. And then she feeds them again on the days I'm trying to fast them to recover from being overfed. -_- I'm considering selling her, does anyone want her?

When my sister feeds my fish without asking my permission... This isn't the first time the fish have been overfed. And then she feeds them again on the days I'm trying to fast them to recover from being overfed. -_- I'm considering selling her, does anyone want her?

LOL, that made me chuckle.

How is she with water changes? Also, is local pick up a possibility? It would be cheaper for me to drive to pick her up rather than shipped.

Back
Top Bottom