the most you've paid for a single fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
my bgk for $20 at petsmart, he's only 3-4", and i did hesitate with the price tag when other african brown knifes (a far less exotic) was only $8 in the next tank over ($20 was a lot for me considering the most before i paid for fish was $6 for a dragon goby, and $5 for angel fish)

but the bgk was worth it, im not disapointed

$25 for my L-316 Rio Jari pleco plus another $25 in shipping for a total of $50. Well worth it to have a cute little pleco that won't get any bigger than 3"

For a freshwater fish, $80 for a 7 inch royal pleco in my old 125. Could've bought a younger one for much less though.

So far the most expensive fish I've purchased were my Bolivian Rams which were 8.99 each (wow BIG spender I know!).

I plan on possibly getting a gold nugget pleco however for my new tank and the cheapest I've seen (actually the ONLY I've seen locally) is Petsmart for 39.99.

$8.49 for my clown loaches, and $9.99 for my GBR's.

I just got a fish that is worth robably close to $30 for free though (full grown angel)

well 80.00 for one and for nine others it was 50.00 each. those are my discus tho.
after that i think i spent 13.99 each for two rams.
and 12.99 for a bristlenose pleco

I spend a $105.00 pluse $45.00 for over night shiping for a pair of Apistogramma gold triple reds.

Then I spent a total of $375.00 for 8 pairs of Apistogrammas. To start my dream buisness. A hatchery in Texas.

feel free to add pics, those of you who have some of the more exotic, less known fish...

bah!

I'm getting scammed! lol

I paid $12.99 ea. for my Clown Loaches (I bought 4, for like $55) and my Bristlenose Pleco was $16.99

I've spent a lot more on Saltwater fish though :eek:

$85 for a beautiful L236a. and he didn't survive! urg! the devestation! now i cap my expense at $50. and that's very rarely. the last fish i spent a lot of money ($40) on was a 5" royal farlowella--and he's GORGEOUS! then again, some of my favortie fish -- triganostigma hengeli--a small rasbora -- were 3 for $5. go figure. isn't this a crazy hobby!

I recently dropped $50 bucks a pop for two adult wild caught Altolamprologus calvus. Well worth it!

I haven't spent too much on a single fish, yet. I think my most expensive were my $12 GBRs. I bought one a while ago and she recently died. I bought another a couple months ago and it didn't last 2 days. My angels were about $10 each for second place.

About 4 bucks I guess...I buy all of mine little and just have the standard stuff.

...some of my favortie fish -- triganostigma hengeli--a small rasbora -- were 3 for $5.

:D

My favorite fish, the 12" "common" pl*co was free. I'm also getting my 99-cents-worth out of the female betta, too! Tons of personality and a riot to watch. How embarassing.... :oops:

$10 for comets, but when I get a big tank I might be in the hundreds for a good ryukin from Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom