The right track ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

f2ftech

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, just want confirmation that I am on the right track with my plans. I have a 45L (12G) tank which (after some fish dying) has now been running successfully (even had some new fry/snails born). However the tank is getting too small for the fish (they keep on getting bigger). My plan is to purchase a 250L (66G) tank and transfer some of the stock (particularly the African giant shrimp, 3 x Plecos, pair of Gourami, pair of Rainbow Cichlids, and a female Betta) leaving just some shrimp and my Guppys in the 45L. I was looking at using some water, some gravel and the filter media from the 45L (replacing some of the gravel and the media into the 45L). Am I on the right track? If so how soon should I be relastically be able to use the new tank? Can I "scoop" up the fish and transfer into the new tank or do I need to do something beforehand?

Thanks for any help.

Well if you're just transferring directly, it wouldn't be a good idea. As you should cycle the tank. However if you're going to use the filter media and substrates from the old tank is a great idea. As this will speed up the cycling process a lot.

Just make sure you do your standard tests and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom