The Shrimp King: Help with my new giant cherry shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robotshrimp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just added a few more shrimp to my tank today and they are all doing well except for this one GIANT red cherry shrimp. It is much bigger than even my bee shrimp and looks like a shrimp king. All the small ones follow him around, wave their little legs in his face, and nudge him.

Unfortunately, he is looking much less active now than before and has slowed down to a halt. He is just sitting still on the aquarium substrate and I'm worried his health might be declining due to the tank change (got him from the pet store). Is there anything I can do to help him? Perhaps this is normal and he just needs a few more hours? It's been about 4 so far. He is so big and unique in my tank and it would be a shame to lose him.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428037786.922953.jpg

Actually- that is probably a female shrimp right?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I just added a few more shrimp to my tank today and they are all doing well except for this one GIANT red cherry shrimp. It is much bigger than even my bee shrimp and looks like a shrimp king. All the small ones follow him around, wave their little legs in his face, and nudge him.

Unfortunately, he is looking much less active now than before and has slowed down to a halt. He is just sitting still on the aquarium substrate and I'm worried his health might be declining due to the tank change (got him from the pet store). Is there anything I can do to help him? Perhaps this is normal and he just needs a few more hours? It's been about 4 so far. He is so big and unique in my tank and it would be a shame to lose him.

View attachment 269097

Actually- that is probably a female shrimp right?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nice looking king size girl shrimp, maybe getting ready to molt, they sometimes like to do that with some nice new water.

Don't over feed. Think of the size of their eye on how much to feed each one morning and afternoon/evening. I was told that by an old friend and it helps put the feeding into perspective.

Back
Top Bottom