The start of my 20 gal planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd appreciate comments, critisms, suggestions, help, ect ect, whatever!

This is my first step. I only have a betta in the tank as of now to help cycle it.

EDIT: I mixed the eco-complete substrate with natural gravel to add more coloring. it was too black for my tastes, lol

here's the pics..

img_594958_0_84c4dc81413f0675d6eaac2a5fe536ce.jpg

img_594958_1_a6be3d4c5f70d0f5d507fa64da8de0d3.jpg

and the betta that's in the tank.. he was in a shadowy part of the tank so his true colors isnt shown.
img_594958_2_457ddcd134ca8b938b209a370fac18ac.jpg

Looks like a nice start! Make sure you have a test kit to check the water for Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates as the tank cycles. With only the one fish in there it might take several weeks to completely cycle the tank, which is not necessarily a bad thing. You should just be aware of that and you will be fine.

Nice variety of plants, they should fill in nicely if the lighting is sufficient. Keep in mind that you will probably need to add either CO2 or Excel to give the plants some carbon source which will help them grow, the eco-comp. should pick up the rest of the nutrients, but you may have to add some in the future. Just keep an eye on the plants and they will show you if everything is OK or needs tweaking.

From your gallery looks like you have a nice SW tank established!

thanks for the tips! I do have a test kit, and I will check reguarly.

and thanks for the comment on my SW tank. its still fairly young, about 2 years, alittle more. its a 10 gal nano.

Back
Top Bottom