The ultimate betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't know they were 3000k. The one I bought had an incandescent hood which was more than enough for plants with a couple of 10 or 13 watt 6500k cfl's.

The problem is that the bulbs that come with it are 3000k so you have to buy different lights. The kits are fully capable of growing plants, but you need the right bulbs. And, buying different bulbs is an extra expense to an already overpriced kit.

The problem is that the bulbs that come with it are 3000k so you have to buy different lights. The kits are fully capable of growing plants, but you need the right bulbs. And, buying different bulbs is an extra expense to an already overpriced kit.

I thought the 10g kit was pretty reasonably priced. I got one for my betta for 30 dollars. 2 dollars for the two 6500k 13 watt bulbs.

Eh, I think kits are kinda a rip off. You get stuck with the cheapest stuff and can't make Betta-specific hardware choices like adjustable flow filters. I think an adjustable heater is way better because sometimes the winter air cools that tank and you have a big temp drop overnight.

Ps- my Betta moved from a vase to a ten gallon to a 29 that I just filled with 2 dozen plants. Total investment probably between $250-300. Got my tank at the $1 dollar per gallon sale at petco- saved like $95!

Eh, I think kits are kinda a rip off. You get stuck with the cheapest stuff and can't make Betta-specific hardware choices like adjustable flow filters. I think an adjustable heater is way better because sometimes the winter air cools that tank and you have a big temp drop overnight.

Ps- my Betta moved from a vase to a ten gallon to a 29 that I just filled with 2 dozen plants. Total investment probably between $250-300. Got my tank at the $1 dollar per gallon sale at petco- saved like $95!

You do have a point because I did end up changing his filter to a sponge filter. He is much happier without the current.

Check craigslist or other free online lists, even thrift stores or Habitat for Humanity Restore(call ahead to check) have tanks at great prices (sometimes they are crazy prices) for a tank, might come with everything you need plus more stuff you can use.

I see the little tanks for $5-10 and free all the time.:cool: If they need to be cleaned there are good inexpensive solutions for that too.

Back
Top Bottom