Then there were two...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
So much to chagrin my Black Ghost Knife passed away a couple of days ago leaving me with basically an empty tank and honestly little enthusiasm to restock it.

Ever since I setup my 150G I've found myself less and less paying attention to my smaller 55G tanks (Not in terms of maintenance, in terms of actually deriving any real joy out of them).

Now my BGK has moved on I plan to shut down one of my two 55G tanks but I'm also considering shutting down my second 55G and just keeping the 150G.

The problem I have is what fish I can add to my 150G without it being a death sentence for those fish or it causing space/territory issues.

My 150G is as follows...

6 Silver Dollar
7 Black Skirt Tetra
1 Rainbow Shark
2 Bristlenose Pleco (M/F)
8 Clown Loach (7 - 2" or less, 1 4")
1 Leopard Sailfin Pleco

The stock I have in my 55G and remainder of the BGK tank...

2 Guppies (M)
1 Dalmation Molly
6 Neon Tetra
12 Harlequin Rasbora
3-6 Kuhli Loach
2 Panda Cory
4 False Julii Cory
6 Bronze Cory
5 Peppered Cory
1 Bristlenose Pleco

I acknowledge that my clown loaches will present a size concern as they grow up but my research indicates they'll outlive my cories easily so don't foresee any long term space issues.

I'd like to give away the guppies/mollies and move the rest so does anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Cheers in advance :thanks:

That is a heck of a lot of plecos in one tank.

I would get rid of the following:
2 Guppies (M)
6 Neon Tetra
12 Harlequin Rasbora

and watch the bottom of your tank for fights amongst the bottom dwellers. I think you'll have enough room as long as you have enough hides. The reason I say get rid of the above, they might be eaten/harass by the larger fish. Unless you are heavily planted with lots of hides.

Back
Top Bottom